RemedyBG»Forums
Jason
235 posts
Remedy no loading modules for certain project on subsequent builds
Edited by Jason on Reason: Initial post
I've been playing around with milton (the drawing app which I downloaded from github) and for some reason I'm having issues with remedy when I rebuild the app (no modules load). If I delete the build directory and build from scratch then remedy works fine. I don't seem to have this same issue however with my other project so there might be something I'm missing in the build file for milton? Also VS 2019 is able to load debug info fine it seems with milton. Here is the build file for my milton project:

@echo off

setlocal

set platform=x64

if "%1"=="x86" set platform=x86

set warnFlags=-FC
set includeFlags=-I..\third_party\SDL2-2.0.8\include -I..\third_party\imgui\ -I..\third_party

if not exist build mkdir build
pushd build
cl /Zi ..\src\shadergen.cc %warnFlags% /link -INCREMENTAL:NO -DEBUG
popd

taskkill /f /im milton.exe

build\shadergen.exe

pushd build

copy "..\milton_icon.ico" "milton_icon.ico"
         copy "..\third_party\Carlito.ttf" "Carlito.ttf"
         copy "..\third_party\Carlito.LICENSE" "Carlito.LICENSE"
         copy ..\Milton.rc Milton.rc
         rc Milton.rc

set compiler_flags=/Od /MTd /Zi %includeFlags% %warnFlags% /Femilton.exe /wd4217 /link -INCREMENTAL:NO -DEBUG ..\third_party\bin\%platform%\SDL2.lib OpenGL32.lib gdi32.lib shell32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib oleAut32.lib winmm.lib advapi32.lib version.lib

if "%1"=="test" (
   cl ..\src\unity_tests.cc %compiler_flags /SUBSYSTEM:Console
) else (
   cl Milton.res ..\src\unity.cc %compiler_flags%
)
:: ..\third_party\bin\%platform%\SDL2.lib
popd

I'm using the latest version of remedy 0.3.0.6 on windows 10. I've tried DEBUG:FULL and Z7 options as well just to see but same issues.
311 posts / 1 project
None
Edited by x13pixels on Reason: request for info
I don't have an immediate answer for this. I'll have to grab a copy of Milton and see if I can reproduce with your build script.

Edit: I wasn't able to duplicate this. Can you please provide some additional information about the problem you are seeing?
Jason
235 posts
Edited by Jason on
Alright so this is completely baffling to me. I cloned a fresh master branch from milton's github. When building things from the command line there doesn't seem to be any issues, no matter how many times I re-build. However, once I build from 4coder 4.1.4, (which finds the SAME build.bat file and builds the project), remedy no longer is able to find the modules. Again, I tested in visual studio and things do work on there. So I'm not sure if this is an issue with 4coder or remedy (or if somehow me?). Do you have 4coder?

Edit:

Also, so far this seems to be only an issue with milton as I build from 4coder all the time in my other projects and no issues in remedy. I rechecked my remedy session's path to exe and current working directory and they are correct. I'm definitely building the same build file in both 4coder and the command line as I'm outputting a message unique to the build file at the start so I can see it everytime I build. If you do have 4coder and can reproduce this issue with milton on windows let me know. If you can't then I guess I have to see if there is something I am not doing.