RemedyBG»Forums
315 posts / 1 project
None
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9

RemedyBG 0.3.9.9 is now available for download.

New Feature

• Added a toggle "Keep Location Centered" to the disassembly context menu.

Improvements

• The initial directory used in the file open dialog for command/working directory is now based on the current value rather than the application's last visited directory, when possible.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed truncated lines in text window in the presence of escaped quotes within a string literal.
  • Fixed potential crash when comment/keyword highlighting is enabled in some edge cases.
  • Fixed handling of keyboard input when a quick watch window is displayed.
  • Fixed discrepancy in watch window memory window popup in the case that the target's memory cannot be read.
6 posts
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9
Edited by hiddenfrog on

In this new version I have a problem:

"The initial directory used in the file open dialog for command/working directory is now based on the current value rather than the application's last visited directory, when possible."

RemedyBG is started from its directory or with a link in the taskbar.

Than when clicked on the '...' of 'Command' or 'Working Directory' in the 'Session' menu the dialog window doesn't show up instead RemedyBG closes.

'Source File' 'Open' works. The Open File dialog shows up.

In version 0_3_9_8 it works.

It would be nice if you could take a look.

315 posts / 1 project
None
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9
Replying to hiddenfrog (#29998)

Please re-download 0.3.9.9. A fix for this was posted shortly after this was reported and a new build was posted (also as 0.3.9.9). Probably should have posted with a different version number. Sorry about that!

6 posts
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9
Replying to x13pixels (#30003)

Thanks. Now it works. I missed the reupload.

5 posts
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9

Hi,

I'm working with the 0.3.7.1 version at the moment - great program by the way. On newer versions, when I scroll down in the memory panel, the text disappears.

Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Thank you.

315 posts / 1 project
None
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9
Replying to 2bytes (#30021)

I'm not seeing the issue with the memory panel @2bytes. Are you able to reproduce this consistently?

1 posts
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9

In general RemedyBG works amazingly good, but sometimes I notice that it cannot access process memory. I am running remedybg as a regular user on Windows 11.

The following example demonstrates me trying to display a std::string variable url_. Any pointers to understand this better will be helpful.

*url_._Mypair._Myval2._Bx._Ptr;??? (unable to read process memory);char;
5 posts
RemedyBG 0.3.9.9
Replying to x13pixels (#30040)

I've done some tests:

• set a breakpoint;
  • start the program;
  • type a variable (Address) to show it in the memory panel;
  • double click on a byte in the panel to select it;
  • scroll down;

The text only disappears after I double click to select a byte and the memory panel has focus. If, after the byte select, I change the focus to another panel, then, when scrolled down, the text still shows.

At least that is what happens on my side.