RemedyBG»Forums
Jason
235 posts
Way to keep watch variables open through multiple runs

It seems my watch window variables don't stay open in there current state through multiple runs (reliably). So if I have drilled down into a struct to view a member variable within an array or something, I have to drill back down into it if I re-run the debugger to the same breakpoint. This behavior seems to be sporadic (sometimes watch window will retain state but most of the time it doesn't). Is this a known issue?

311 posts / 1 project
None
Edited by x13pixels on Reason: grammar

The expanded state should be preserved as long as the type of the variable remains the same across runs. If the type of the variable changes (fields are added or removed) then this could explain the behavior you are seeing. I'll make a note to do some additional testing in this area when I get some time to work on the debugger.

Thanks for letting me know!

Jason
235 posts
Edited by Jason on

Awesome. Ya, I definitely was not modifying and removing struct members between runs. I went back and checked and even for a simple struct the watch window doesn't reliably retain state through multiple runs (tried to narrow down why exactly it occurs but so far it seems sporadic).