RemedyBG»Forums
Jason
235 posts
Remedy breaks into disassembly window instead of normal C++ code
Edited by Jason on Reason: Initial post
I've noticed that sometimes when working in remedy when I press F11 to step into a function it breaks into the disassembly window instead of the function implementation. PDB info is loaded and the function implementation is defined within the same file so not sure why there would be any issues. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using the latest 3.5.0 release on Windows 10.
306 posts / 1 project
None
Perhaps the line of code you are on contains a call into code without symbols (e.g., user32 or ntdll)? You should be able to see the module (DLL) you jumped to by using the call stack, for instance.

I usually want to step into disassembly even if I don't have symbols. However, I can implement an option where Remedy will automatically skip over any code without symbols during a step operation to help with this.
Jason
235 posts
That's the thing, it's not some outside dll or anything. There are just some functions that seem to go to the dissasembly window and others that act normally, despite being defined in the same file. Just don't know why that would happen with only certain functions. I took a video of it if you would like me to send it.
306 posts / 1 project
None
I'll be happy to take a look. There is an email address in the README.txt file that you can use.

Thanks!
Jason
235 posts
Awesome, email sent. Thanks!