RemedyBG»Forums
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Code, art, music, stupid ideas.
Integration with editor
Edited by Martin Cohen on Reason: Initial post
Hello good sire,

First off, amazing work, love it, switching to use it as much as possible. <3

I've read that your original goal was to integrate this with Vim. I assume it's probably too soon to request this, but is there any chance of making the debugger into a library so I can integrate it with my editor? I am willing to put my own work to it, too. :)

Cheers!
306 posts / 1 project
None
Integration with editor
Martin,

That is definitely a possibility at some point as I've kept the debugger engine piece (formerly a DLL) and the application code separated. However, given that it hasn't been used as such since the end of last year along with some protocol interaction that I plan on streamlining, it isn't quite ready for prime time. I will definitely keep this in mind though!

--
George
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Integration with editor
Thank you, George. Completely understood and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

<3
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Integration with editor
I would give the API a whirl as well, at such point as it is ready for testing. It does seem like maybe that is not particularly useful until you're satisfied that all the features are in place in the stand-alone version, though, because it will slow down development once external people are relying on the API...

- Casey
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Integration with editor
Yep, definitely don't want the API to slow down the development of the main thing.