RemedyBG»Forums
Gaurav Gautam
98 posts
I cannot step through generated code of v8 using remedybg

Hello,

When I'm stepping through the code of v8 engine I cannot step through the assembly files beyond certain files. In this screenshot I have stepped into line 154. However, the yellow arrow disappears from the left side and the disassembly window also doesn't have the cursor. When I am in the simulator.h file I can no longer find the yellow arrow in the disassembly window.

image.png

When doing this in visual studio I can step into that line and then keep going in the disassembly view like here: image.png

Is this possible in remedybg? Stepping through the disassembly when there are no source files is excruciatingly slow in visual studio. I have instances where several seconds pass before it will jump to the next instruction on a jle. I am not sure why that is. But its significantly slower even compared to when I'm stepping through code in visual studio where the source files are available.

Mārtiņš Možeiko
2565 posts / 2 projects

It's calling JIT code there without source location, right? Remedy has an option to avoid stepping into code without source location, I think it's under Control -> Source Mode. Maybe that needs to be unchecked.

Gaurav Gautam
98 posts
Replying to mmozeiko (#29438)

I have tried with this option set to checked and unchecked. image.png

And I am not able to step into the line 154 on the left as before.

There is one difference when this option is checked vs unchecked. When its unchecked and I step into that line, the disassembly winodow gets the focus (but only that, it still doesn't let me follow where it its stopped). When its checked the focus stays in the left window.