We are currently in the process of converting the website to the new design. Some pages, like this one, are still broken. We appreciate your patience.
RemedyBG»Forums
Ruy Calderon
26 posts
Conditional breakpoints not working

I'm a new user to remedybg and am trying to set conditional breakpoints. I'm setting them the way I'd expect - right clicking on the breakpoint after creating it and setting a condition. The condition doesn't seem to work, though. This is pretty basic so I'm probably setting them up incorrectly, but I can't find any information on what I might be doing wrong. Thanks!

Simon Anciaux
1363 posts

What's the condition you're writing in the textbox ?

Have you tried with a very simple example to see if it's working (for example a simple main function and testing if argc >= 1) ?

12 posts
Edited by novus1044 on

I'm having a similar issue with the processor/data breakpoints.

In the snippet below if I set the condition on the data breakpoint to *(&x) == 100. I would expect the debugger to halt on the assignment to *arg1 = 100 since it is a pointer to the local variable x on main but it doesn't.

In the readme there isn't an example syntax to use so I assume I have the syntax wrong but if someone could straighten me out I would appreciate it.

Breakpoint Definition:

Address - &x

Num Bytes - 4

Access Kind - Write

Condition: *(&x) == 100

Code:

void function( int *arg1 ) { *arg1 = 100; return; }

int main( int argc, char **argv ) {

int x = 10;

function( &x );

x = 100;

return 0;

}

Simon Anciaux
1363 posts

In the condition field if you use the address number it works:

If &x = 0x123456 than the condition should be:
( *(int*) 0x123456 ) == 100

It's not very user friendly but could help you for the moment.

It weird because if you use *arg1==100 as a condition it seems to ignore the condition and stops on all write.

12 posts
Replying to mrmixer (#26617)

Thanks Simon. I observed the same behavior you have when setting the condition to *arg1 == 100. Not entirely sure what is going on in that case.